Summer nights at our house are undoubtedly a little crazy. Our daughter is just starting to get to the age where she is involved in more and more evening activities and it seems like nearly every night we have something on the schedule. Add a newborn baby into the mix and things get even crazier.
Lately, to combat the craziness at dinnertime, I’ve been gravitating toward easy recipes that can be prepared in advance and tossed into the oven right before it’s time to eat. This 5 Ingredient Taco Bake is one such dish. It’s low on ingredients and prep time, and crowd pleasing for adults and picky toddlers alike. I like to set out a bunch of toppings like lettuce, salsa, sour cream and sliced avocados and allow everyone in the house to customize their dinner. It’s less work for me and everyone ends up full and happy!
5 Ingredient Taco Bake
- 1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups prepared Riceland medium grain white rice
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and sour cream for serving, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch round deep dish pie plate or 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef. Add the taco seasoning mix and water called for on seasoning packet and cook according to package instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef mixture, rice, 1½ cups of the shredded cheese and black beans. Stir until well combined. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and top with remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and mixture is heated through.
- Cool 5 minutes; spoon into bowls to serve. Top with desired toppings, such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and sour cream.