In spite of the fact that it’s still winter and has, for the past week, been raining nonstop, I just can’t get the excitement about summer out of my mind. Oddly enough, I already know I’ll complain about the incessant heat come June, but I’m looking forward to it all the same.
One of my favorite parts of summer is the chance to do incredibly low-key entertaining. Throwing everything on the grill, and then finishing with a nice cool dessert is just so simple and hardly an inconvenience because of how simple it is.
Obviously, summer is not here yet, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a little bit of summer flavor in late winter! These quick strawberry lemonade rice pudding parfaits are so quick, so easy, and taste like a hefty dose of sunshine. For the amount of time it takes to throw together it really is packed with flavor. A quick tip: make these ahead of time, minus the whipped cream, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then top with whipped cream and chopped nuts!
QUICK STRAWBERRY LEMONADE RICE PUDDING PARFAIT
Makes 4 parfaits
- 2 cups cooked Riceland long grain white rice
- 2 (1-ounce) packages quick lemon pudding mix
- 4 cups milk of choice
- 1 (12.75 ounce) jar strawberry jam
- 2 cups whipped cream of preference
- zest of one lemon
- chopped pistachios or pecans, optional garnish
- Place the rice, lemon pudding mix, lemon zest and milk in a large plastic Tupperware container with a fitted lid.
- Shake for 1 minute to completely mix, then allow to set up for 3-5 minutes until thick.
- In 4 small mason jars, Champagne flutes, or parfait cups layer the lemon rice pudding and jam 3 times.
- Top with whipped cream and chopped pistachios or pecans, if using.
- Serve and enjoy.