Spicy Southern Duck Paella
While a true paella is traditionally made in a paella pan, we’ve found that it’s really simple to make in a Dutch oven. This is a great dish to make over an open fire, although a cooktop will give you a lot more control.
1 (3 pound) duck, cut into pieces
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 sweet onion, chopped
3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced finely
12 ounces smoked chorizo sausage, sliced
3 cups Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
6 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
salt and pepper
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the duck pieces evenly with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the Dutch oven.
- Brown the duck pieces for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove to a large plate.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the pan and stir to combine with the rendered duck fat and olive oil.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, until the onions become translucent.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet and add the sliced sausage.
- Render the sausage for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the rice, crushed tomatoes, cooked vegetables, chicken stock and Old Bay seasoning to the sausage.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Place the duck pieces on top of the boiling mixture.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the paella to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot.
Arroz con Pollo (rice and chicken)
To finish the dish, bring the chicken mixture to a boil, stir in the rice and water, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. If it starts to dry out and rice...
All American Creamy Rice Salad
Need an alternative to potato salad at your next big event? All American Creamy Rice Salad is a new take on an old favorite. Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice makes this salad a winner.16 Minutes
Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice
The classic casserole full of cheesy whole grain brown rice. What's not to love? From the 2016 Whole Grain Sampling Day eCookbook.
Baked Rice Apple Crisp
If you are looking for the perfect comfort-food dessert for Sunday Supper, potluck, or for any night of the week, this dessert is for you.