Pressure Cooker Savory Meatballs with Brown Rice
This recipe combines meatballs, onions, cabbage, and Riceland Natural Long Grain brown rice. We think brown rice adds a nuttiness that works extremely well with the meatballs and cabbage mixture.
½ cup Riceland Natural Long Grain Brown Rice
2 carrots, julienned
1 pound ground chuck
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
½ teaspoon dried parsley
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 small yellow onion, chopped
¼ head of green cabbage, chopped
½ teaspoon herbs de provence
5 cups low sodium beef broth
Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Hand mix all the ingredients from ground chuck to egg in a large mixing bowl. Roll into ½ inch balls and set aside.
- Turn your electric pressure cooker to sauté setting and add oil and butter until butter has melted. Add onions and stir-cook for two minutes. Add cabbage and carrots and stir-cook for three minutes. Add herbs de provence stir, and turn off sauté function.
- Add Riceland brown rice, beef broth and meatballs.
- Add the lid to the electric pressure cooker and lock into place. Cook on High Pressure for ten minutes. Fifteen minutes if you prefer a congee style soup.
- Let electric pressure cool down and naturally release pressure. Or, manually release the steam, being careful when releasing it.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Arroz con Pollo (rice and chicken)
To finish the dish, bring the chicken mixture to a boil, stir in the rice and water, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. If it starts to dry out and rice...
All American Creamy Rice Salad
Need an alternative to potato salad at your next big event? All American Creamy Rice Salad is a new take on an old favorite. Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice makes this salad a winner.16 Minutes
Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice
The classic casserole full of cheesy whole grain brown rice. What's not to love? From the 2016 Whole Grain Sampling Day eCookbook.
Baked Rice Apple Crisp
If you are looking for the perfect comfort-food dessert for Sunday Supper, potluck, or for any night of the week, this dessert is for you.