Jalapeno Cheddar Rice Cakes
We're a big fan of all things ooey-gooey-cheesy. The flavor, the texture, it’s all fantastic and pairs so perfectly with beautifully plump rice; it’s no surprise that cheesy rice is pretty much always good rice!
4 cups cooked Riceland long-grain white rice, cooled
2 whole large eggs, lightly whisked
1 cup french fried onions
2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeños, drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp are both great options, or a combination of both)
2 whole fresh jalapenos, sliced very thinly
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients through the cheddar cheese until very well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Scoop the rice mixture into 1/3-cup portions and gently form into disks on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with jalapeño slices as desired.
- Repeat until all of the rice mixture is used.
- Cover lightly with another sheet of foil and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle in half of the olive oil and heat for another 30 seconds.
- Add the rice cakes, about three at a time, and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the rice cakes are cooked.
- Enjoy hot!
Arroz con Pollo (rice and chicken)
To finish the dish, bring the chicken mixture to a boil, stir in the rice and water, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. If it starts to dry out and rice...
All American Creamy Rice Salad
Need an alternative to potato salad at your next big event? All American Creamy Rice Salad is a new take on an old favorite. Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice makes this salad a winner.16 Minutes
Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice
The classic casserole full of cheesy whole grain brown rice. What's not to love? From the 2016 Whole Grain Sampling Day eCookbook.
Baked Rice Apple Crisp
If you are looking for the perfect comfort-food dessert for Sunday Supper, potluck, or for any night of the week, this dessert is for you.