Maple Dijon Sprouted Brown Rice
Warm, cozy and comforting, this sprouted brown rice is a perfect side dish for any fall meal!
1 cup Riceland Brown Rice
3 cups filtered water
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
¼ cup chopped pistachios
- In a large jar or container fitted with a lid, pour the dry rice and 3 cups of filtered water inside.
- Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for about 24 hours; the water will be cloudy from the starch.
- Drain and rinse the rice (tap water is fine).
- Combine the rinsed rice, olive oil and 2 cups of stock in a small pot fitted with a lid.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 35-40 minutes until all of the stock is absorbed.
- Add the dried cherries on top, cover again, remove from the heat, and allow to steam for about 5 minutes.
- While the rice is resting, stir together the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour on top of the hot rice and stir to combine.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios right before serving.
Arroz con Pollo (rice and chicken)
To finish the dish, bring the chicken mixture to a boil, stir in the rice and water, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. If it starts to dry out and rice...
All American Creamy Rice Salad
Need an alternative to potato salad at your next big event? All American Creamy Rice Salad is a new take on an old favorite. Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice makes this salad a winner.16 Minutes
Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice
The classic casserole full of cheesy whole grain brown rice. What's not to love? From the 2016 Whole Grain Sampling Day eCookbook.
Baked Rice Apple Crisp
If you are looking for the perfect comfort-food dessert for Sunday Supper, potluck, or for any night of the week, this dessert is for you.