Rice cakes are one of the easiest and most delicious homemade dishes that you can make as appetizers or as a backdrop to a main dish. For those times that you want to stand out and make your rice cakes extra special, try pureeing the rice.
That’s right, puree the rice! All it takes is precooked rice such as Riceland’s Long Grain White Rice and a few whirls and grinds in a food processor to make a sticky and smooth base. Add ingredients such a spices, cheeses and oils and roll into small balls. Bake in the oven or in a cast iron skillet on the stove. Either way is delicious.
RICE CHEESY BITES
- 1 cup Riceland Long Grain White Rice
- ½ cup Colby and Jack shredded cheese
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8th teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clover garlic, minced
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon onion power
- ¼ teaspoon garlic power
- Bring water to boil in medium pot on stove and add Riceland long grain white rice. Cook thoroughly and drain.
- In food processor, grind rice until puréed. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Prepare half-sheet pan with parchment paper or spray with Pam spray to grease.
- Add remaining ingredients to rice puree in mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form into small balls and place on sheet pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until browned, turning half way through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe and post by Riceland blogger Lyndi Fultz, nwafoodie, a hub for food happiness.