For those times when company shows up unexpectedly or when you want to delight dinner guests, whip up these pan-fried cheesy Italian rice balls!
While this recipe calls for cooking up Riceland’s long-grain white rice and combining the remaining ingredients, may I suggest preparing several cups of rice ahead of time and keeping them ready to go in the freezer? This will ensure you always have something on hand and ready to go when you need it.
These cheesy Italian rice balls are delicious served immediately upon pan-frying but here’s a secret… they’re just as delicious served cool layered with deli meat and your favorite condiment.
PAN-FRIED CHEESY ITALIAN RICE BALLS
Makes 20-24 appetizers
- 1 cup Riceland Long-grain white rice
- 2 ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Italian cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/8th teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Boil water with 2 teaspoons of sea salt and cook Riceland long-grain white rice until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix cheddar cheese, Italian cheese, parsley, ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Add rice and mix.
- Roll into bite-sized balls.
- Roll balls in breadcrumbs.
- Preheat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat and cook balls until browned on all sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
Insert photo: Italian rice balls – product shot
Post and recipe by Lyndi Fultz of nwafoodie, a hub for food happiness.