Got a friend who doesn’t eat meat, but you love meat? These Meatless Street Tacos became a no brainer when trying to come up with a dish to serve to my vegetarian friend and let me tell you why.
Let’s be real, I’m a meat eater but my friend Gina is not. She is my one and only vegetarian friend, which goes to say that I’m not used to coming up with meals that are strictly meatless. #thestruggleisreal
After racking my brain for a short period of time, I quickly decided to ditch the struggle and adapt a recipe I already love. I asked myself, why make this so hard? Why not take a tried and true recipe you already love and remove the meat? I got to thinking about a recipe I love, and my Street Tacos came to mind. They are loaded with amazing ingredients that can stand on their own even without the meat. These Meatless Street Tacos will have you wanting more.
Grab some fresh ingredients and a few convenience items from the store or check your pantry. You may already have most of the ingredients to make up these delicious Meatless Street Tacos tonight. Can’t live without the meat? Check out the Easy Tips below.
- Cooking the rice…follow instructions on the bag. Just remember 1 part rice to 2 parts liquid. Most Riceland bags have the directions for 3 cups cooked rice. Cut it in half. ½ cup rice to 1 cup water will give you 1 ½ cups cooked rice.
- Cook your rice while you prep the other ingredients.
- This recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes. Take the time to prep and measure your ingredients first and the cook will be a breeze.
- If you just can’t live without the meat, add it in. These ingredients meld great with seasoned taco meat, and seasoned shredded chicken.
Meatless Street Tacos
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn with peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilis
- 1 ½ cup cooked Riceland Long Grain Rice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Street taco corn or flower tortillas
- Shredded cheese, optional
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- Pico de gallo or salsa, optional
Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add corn with peppers and the onions to the skillet. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally until onion is tender. Add in garlic, cumin, and chili powder, stir and cook for 1 minute. Mix in beans, green chilis, and cooked rice. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Heat tortillas in a skillet until warm. Place a heaping spoonful of meatless mixture on each tortilla. Add shredded cheese, lettuce, pico, salsa or your favorite taco toppings. Eat and enjoy!
Post and recipe provided by Lacie Ring of EasyPeasyPleasy.com