- Can I cook Riceland® Rice in any liquid other than water?
Yes, but if you are using fruit juices, we recommend using ½ juice and ½ water. Meat or vegetable stocks can be used instead of water. Or, just add a bouillon cube to the water.
- How do I cook Riceland® Rice at high altitude?
As the best method, we recommend an electric rice cooker for a more controlled cooking environment. Or, cook rice in excess water, cook and simmer the rice uncovered.
- How do I thaw Riceland® Rice that I have stored in the freezer?
Let the frozen rice come to room temperature, and then reheat by following directions mentioned in cooking question number 14.
- How do I reheat cooked Riceland® Rice after it has been refrigerated?
Add 2 tablespoons of water per 1 cup of rice, heat in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. For the microwave oven, add 2 tablespoons of water per 1 cup of rice, cover and heat for about 1 minute.
- What can I do with leftover Riceland® Rice?
Cover and refrigerate for up to six days.
- How many calories are in a serving of Riceland® Rice?
There are 160 calories in a ¼ cup dry (¾ cup cooked) serving of Riceland® Extra Long Grain Enriched Rice. For the calories in each of the Riceland® Mixes OR any of our other rice products, please refer to the Products tab above.
- How many fat grams are in Riceland® Rice?
There are ZERO grams of fat in Riceland® Extra Long Grain Enriched Rice. For the fat grams in each of the Riceland® Mixes OR any of our other rice products, please refer to the Products tab above.
- Is Riceland® Rice kosher approved?
Riceland® Extra Long Grain Enriched Rice and Riceland® Long Grain Brown Rice are kosher approved by the Circle U organization. In addition, Riceland® Rice N' Easy Chicken, Riceland® Rice N' Easy Broccoli & Cheese, Riceland® Rice N' Easy Long Grain and Wild, and Riceland® Saffron Yellow are kosher approved.
- Is rinsing or washing Riceland® Rice necessary?
Rinsing or washing of Riceland® Rice is not recommended. The rinsing removes the enrichment from the rice.
- What is a serving size of Riceland® Rice?
Riceland® Extra Long Grain Enriched Rice and Brown Rice has a serving size of ¼ cup dry; or ¾ cup cooked. The Riceland® Rice N' Easy Rice Mixes have a serving size of 1 cup cooked. For more information, refer to the Products tab above.