Ranch Fried Catfish Nuggets
2 (8-ounce) catfish fillets
2 cups buttermilk
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups Riceland Whole Grain Seasoned Fish Breading
½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 Ranch Seasoning packet
- Cut the catfish fillets into smaller nugget size portions.
- Place fish in a shallow bowl or dish.
- Pour the buttermilk over the catfish to soak.
- Add in a dash of salt and pepper as well.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the breading and flour.
- Add oil into a larger pot high enough to fully submerge the catfish.
- Warm up the oil to medium-high heat.
- Carefully take one piece of catfish out of the buttermilk mixture, coat with the breading and place in the hot oil.
- Continue with the remaining catfish.
- Let each piece fry in the oil for about 5-10 minutes until brown.
- Place each piece on a paper-towel lined plate to remove excess grease.
- Serve with additional salt and pepper or dipping sauce.