Avocado Cucumber Brown Rice Sushi
There is a reason why sushi-to-go is popping up in finer grocery stores everywhere… they’re satisfying and delicious. We think our medium-grain brown rice is a perfect compliment to this vegetable sushi.
Makes 12 pieces
1 cup Riceland medium grain brown rice, uncooked
2 tablespoons seasoned white wine vinegar or rice vinegar (if unsweetened, add two drops of stevia)
2 sheets of Nori sushi seaweed
wasabi, as garnish
pickled ginger, as garnish
1. Cook rice according to instructions and preferred method. Add seasoned vinegar and thoroughly mix. Set aside.
2. Peel cucumber and cut lengthwise. Scoop our seeds and thinly slice into small sticks.
3. Peel avocado and remove pit. Cut into small stick.
4. Place first sheet of Nori shiny-side down on a sushi mat. Keep a cup of water close by to dip your hands as you spread the rice on the mat.
5. Cover Nori with half of the cooked rice, spread evenly.
6. Lay out a line with half of the cucumbers and avocados.
7. Take sushi mat and fold over to roll the sushi. Start off tight and roll to the end. Dip your finger into the water and run a bead of water along the edge. The water will act like a glue.
8. Cut into slices and repeat with the second sheet of Nor and remaining avocado and cucumbers
9. Serve with wasabi, ginger, and soy sauce and enjoy!
Arroz con Pollo (rice and chicken)
To finish the dish, bring the chicken mixture to a boil, stir in the rice and water, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. If it starts to dry out and rice...
All American Creamy Rice Salad
Need an alternative to potato salad at your next big event? All American Creamy Rice Salad is a new take on an old favorite. Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice makes this salad a winner.16 Minutes
Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice
The classic casserole full of cheesy whole grain brown rice. What's not to love? From the 2016 Whole Grain Sampling Day eCookbook.
Baked Rice Apple Crisp
If you are looking for the perfect comfort-food dessert for Sunday Supper, potluck, or for any night of the week, this dessert is for you.