¼ cup of Riceland Extra Long Grain rice
6oz bag of frozen broccoli florets
½ cup purple onions, finely chopped
½ cup panko, breadcrumbs, or corn flakes crumbs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Boil water and cook rice according to instructions and set aside.
2. Microwave broccoli florets according to instructions and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix rice, broccoli, onions, panko, cheese, salt, and pepper.
4. Whisk eggs and add to mixing bowl, thoroughly mix until fully incorporated.
5. Form mixture into 8 patties and set aside.
6. Heat skillet on medium-high heat and add olive oil.
7. Cook patties for 10 minutes on each side until nicely browned and serve.