2 cups cooked Riceland rice of choice
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika (regular paprika will work fine as well)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
oil or nonstick spray for greasing the waffle iron
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron. Other waffle irons will work just fine, although serving sizes may vary.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- When the waffle iron is preheated, grease it well.
- Press the rice mixture into the wells of the waffle iron as evenly as possible.
- Close the lid and allow the mixture to cook until golden brown and bubbly 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the waffles.
- Enjoy hot.