1 ½ cups Riceland Natural Brown Rice, uncooked (soaked in water for 3-4 hours)
Salt, to taste
2 1-inch cinnamon sticks
3-4 green cardamom
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 ½ cups chicken (1½-inch pieces on the bone)
¼ teaspoon turmeric
1-inch piece of ginger, roughly chopped
5-6 garlic cloves
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
¾ tablespoon green chutney
½ cup yogurt
½ teaspoon Garam masala powder
¼ cup milk
1 cup fried onions
2 tablespoons Desi ghee
Rose petals, a few
Rose water, a few drops
Kewra water, a few drops
Fresh mint leaves for garnish
1. Heat sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan, add rice, salt, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamoms and cook 40 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in another non-stick pan. Add chicken, turmeric powder and salt, and sauté. Grind ginger, garlic and onion, and add to the chicken. Mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add green chutney, taste for salt and mix well. Add yogurt and mix. Add garam marsala powder and mix again.
4. Heat oil to medium high, and add onions. Fry onions in hot oil until crispy. Add fried onions to chicken and mix. Cook until slightly dry.
5. Combine saffron and milk in a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside.
6. When the rice is almost done, strain it into a bowl. Add desi ghee and mix. Spread the rice over the chicken. Sprinkle rose petals, saffron milk, rose water, kewra jal, garam masala powder and a few fresh torn mint leaves on top.