2 cups Riceland long grain white rice
1-1/2 cups water
1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (make sure you mix the cream and water together first)
1-2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
paprika, optional garnish
chopped green onions, optional garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring the combination to a boil, then reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes until the liquid is completely absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let the rice stand, covered, for about 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot, garnished with paprika and green onions if desired.