1 sweet onion, sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 celery stalks, finely sliced
2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
8 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, quartered
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 Riceland Boil-in-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice
4 cups chicken broth
3 cups pre-cooked chicken breast, chopped (rotisserie works great!)
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1. In a heavy bottomed soup pot, add onions, olive oil, garlic, and butter and cook on medium heat for ten minutes, or until onions start to soften.
2. Add celery, carrots and mushrooms to pot, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for ten minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. On a separate burner, boil water and cook Riceland Boil-in-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice according to directions. Rice will be cooked in ten minutes, drain, and set aside.
4. Add chicken broth and chicken and stir. Cook for fifteen minutes.
5. Add whipping cream and cream cheese and stir until creamy.
6. Carefully remove rice from bags and add to soup. Stir.
7. Serve and enjoy!