1 sweet onion, sliced
2 tablespoons salted butter
5 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 pound fresh or frozen green peas
1 Riceland Boil-In-Bag white rice
½ teaspoon ground garlic
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add onions, butter and 1 tablespoon of broth to soup pot and cook on medium heat for ten minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add remaining chicken broth to pot and add sea salt and cream. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a separate pot, boil peas for ten minutes or until tender. Remove with slotted spoon and add to soup.
- Reheat water that you used to boil the peas and bring back to a boil. Add 1 bag of rice and cook for ten minutes. Remove bag, open and add rice to the soup.
- Take three scoops of soup and puree in blender, bullet, or immersion blender and add back to the soup and stir.
- Add garlic and black pepper. Add additional salt to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!