1 cup Riceland Medium Grain Brown Rice
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
½ cup dried cherries
½ cup toasted almonds
1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
3 ounces Brie cheese, cubed
- To cook the rice, combine the first five ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan fitted with a lid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce to low.
- Cook for 38-42 minutes, until all of the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Immediately after cooking stir in the dried cherries and sage.
- Cover and allow the rice to sit for about 5 minutes; this allows the cherries to plump up and the sage to fully flavor the rice.
- Add the toasted almonds and lightly stir in the Brie, then serve immediately allowing the Brie to gently melt into the rice.