1 tablespoon cooking oil of choice
2 tablespoons minced green onion
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
2 cups cooked Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
12 eggroll wrappers
Riceland Rice Bran Oil for cooking
- Heat a deep saucepan with 2 inches of Riceland Rice Bran oil over medium low heat.
- In a shallow large skillet or wok heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add the green onions and ginger and stir quickly with a wooden or metal spoon to sauté.
- Add the rice and continue to stir.
- Add the peas and carrots and stir to combine; this step is really only to reheat the vegetables and combine them in the rice.
- Create a small hold in the rice mixture and add the eggs.
- Quickly scramble the eggs in the rice and, when cooked, stir throughout the rice mixture.
- While the eggs are cooking quickly combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil.
- Pour the mixture into the rice and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat.
- Working one eggroll at a time, place a wrapper in the center of a cutting board.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the rice mixture into the center of the eggroll wrapper.
- Dip one finger in water and wet the edges of the eggroll wrapper.
- Fold two of the opposite corners in toward the middle until almost touching.
- Take one of the remaining corners and fold it over the rice mixture and the two folded corners.
- Begin to tightly roll toward the final corner, making sure to keep all of the rice in the eggroll.
- Press the last corner into the outside of the eggroll.
- Repeat until all of the eggrolls have been rolled.
- Fry, 3-4 at a time, until golden brown.
- Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel and repeat until all of the eggrolls have been cooked.