2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ sweet onions, sliced
½ green Thai Chili pepper, whole (or jalapeno)
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup unsalted chicken broth
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ginger root powder
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garam marsala
1 teaspoon curry powder
4 roma tomatoes, sliced
1/3 cup whole plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
2 chicken breasts
1 cup Riceland Natural Long Grain Brown Rice
1. Sauté oil, onion, Thai chili, broth, salt, and pepper in sauté pan for fifteen minutes, covered.
2. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, ginger root powder, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, garam marsala, and curry powder. Add to onion mixture and stir.
3. Add tomatoes and stir, lowering head for 10 minutes.
4. Remove chili pepper from onion mixture. Blend using a blender, bullet, or immersion blender until smooth. Stir in yogurt.
5. Cut up chicken breasts into bite size pieces and place in gallon plastic bag with half of the curry sauce. Marinate 2-4 hours in fridge.
6. Boil water and add 1 cup of Riceland long grain brown rice and cook for 30-40 minutes and drain. Remove from heat and cover with lid until ready to serve.
7. Twenty minutes prior to grilling, soak 6” wooden skewers in water.
8. Heat grill to 400 degrees. Clean and oil grate. Grill chicken, basting as you turn for fifteen minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from heat and let rest by loosely covering in aluminum foil.
9. Fill 4 small cups with rice and invert on serving plates to reveal a mound of rice.
10. Serve skewers with rice. Reheat remaining curry sauce and drizzle over skewers.