4 cups cooked Riceland long-grain white rice, cooled
2 whole large eggs, lightly whisked
1 cup french fried onions
2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeños, drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp are both great options, or a combination of both)
2 whole fresh jalapenos, sliced very thinly
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients through the cheddar cheese until very well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Scoop the rice mixture into 1/3-cup portions and gently form into disks on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with jalapeño slices as desired.
- Repeat until all of the rice mixture is used.
- Cover lightly with another sheet of foil and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle in half of the olive oil and heat for another 30 seconds.
- Add the rice cakes, about three at a time, and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the rice cakes are cooked.
- Enjoy hot!