1 pound okra
2 cups buttermilk
1 10-ounce package Riceland gluten-free Whole Grain Fish Breading
8 ounces panko crumbs
1 cup rice flour
1 Tablespoon Creole seasoning
1 Tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 1/2 quarts (approximately) Riceland Rice Bran Oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, slice okra lengthwise; pour over with buttermilk. Set aside.
- In a large zipper plastic bag, combine Riceland Gluten Are Whole Grain Fresh Breading, panko, rice flour, Creole Seasoning and black pepper.
- Remove okra from buttermilk and drain.
- Add okra a few pieces at a time to breading mixture. Shake to coat. Lay okra pieces on a cake rack and allow to set for 10-15 minutes before frying.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Add a few pieces of okra at a time and fry until golden. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle light
- (Keep warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve, if desired.)
- Serve with Comeback Sauce.
Get Dining With Debbie's recipe for Comeback Sauce HERE.