Crispy Rice Layer
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
11 ounces caramel bits
1 cup candy corn,
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
8 ounces caramel and vanilla marshmallows*
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon caramel extract
12 - 14 cups crispy rice cereal (depends upon the humidity)
Candy Corn Layer
2 cups candy corn
3 Tablespoons Crisco
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
White Chocolate Drizzle
1/2 Tablespoon Crisco
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Spray an 11 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large 5 1/2 - 6 quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in pumpkin puree and sweetened condensed milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in heavy cream and caramel bits; stir frequently until caramel bits are melted increasing heat slightly if needed.
- Stir in 1 cup candy corn and pumpkin pie spice. Stir frequently until candy is melted and all is blended well.
- Add marshmallows to caramel-candy corn mixture, stirring frequently until melted.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and caramel extracts; combine well.
- Set mixture aside to cool to room temperature. Cooling to room temperature helps to prevent soggy treats.
- Stir in crispy rice cereal 1 cup at a time, combining well after each addition. Add as much of the rice cereal as you can stir in with difficulty
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Using a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper, gently press down until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- After rice mixture has cooled, prepare the Candy Corn Layer.
- Add 2 cups candy corn and 3 Tablespoons Crisco to a small glass bowl. Microwave in 45 - 60 second intervals at 60 % power, stirring well after each interval and adding 1 Tablespoon cream at a time when stirring at intervals.
- Spread melted candy corn in an even layer over the crispy rice layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a small glass bowl, prepare drizzle by melted white chocolate chips with 1/2 Tablespoon Crisco, microwaving at 60% power in 45-second intervals, stirring well after each interval.
- Drizzle as desired over candy corn layer.
- Refrigerate crispy rice treats at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish with additional candy corn pieces, if desired.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Notes: Regular marshmallows may be substituted for the caramel-vanilla variety. If desired, an additional chocolate drizzle may be added to or substituted for the white chocolate drizzle.