1 bag Riceland Long Grain White Boil-in-Bag Rice, prepared according to package directions.
1 15-ounce can purple hull or black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
3/4 cup chopped English cucumber or Mini-Dukes
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot rounds
3/4 cup chopped red onion
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 - 1 jalapeño, minced
3/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup Riceland Rice Bran Oil
1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
Freshly cracked black pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse peas; place in a medium bowl. Add in bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, red onion, celery, jalapeño and parsley.
- Add in about 3/4 of the bag of rice — or use it all if you prefer; Stir well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Rice Bran Oil, rice vinegar and sugar. Pour over salad ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and allow to marinate at least 4 hours and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Note: This salad will keep well several days.