2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
½ cup frozen okra, thawed
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
5 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 sliced shallot
2 cups unsalted beef broth
½ cup Riceland medium grain brown rice
14.4 ounce frozen cauliflower
½ cup water
2 Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Wedge or similar soft cheese
2 tablespoon sbutter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
2 cups (handfuls) of baby spinach
1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Preheat oven to Roast 375 degrees.
2. Boil water in medium-size soup pan and add sweet potatoes for thirty-minutes or until knife slides in easily.
3. Prepare sheet pan with parchment paper. When potatoes are ready, add to parchment and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and roast for thirty-minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and shallots with 1 tablespoon olive oil in soup pan used for sweet potatoes and sauté over medium heat for two minutes.
5. Add broth and rice and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally for thirty-minutes.
6. While rice is boiling, add cauliflower to separate pan with ½ cup water and cook on medium-low heat for thirty minutes. Check water levels and add extra as necessary. Add cheese and butter and mash. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside.
7. Add okra to plastic quart bag with flour and shake. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet over medium-high heat and add okra. Cook until browned and add salt and pepper to taste along with Cajun seasoning. Remove to plate and set aside.
8. Add spinach to skillet with 1 tablespoon butter, coriander, and cumin and cook until wilted, approximately two minutes. Remove to plate and set aside.
9. Crack two eggs to skillet, cooking to your preference and season with salt and pepper if needed.
10. Assemble your ultimate brown rice grain bowl: mashed cauliflower, brown rice, sweet potatoes, spinach, fried egg, and okra.
11. Serve over rice and enjoy!