Brown Rice Cornbread
A great accompaniment for southern stews and chilies, or just with a salad for lunch.
- 1 cup cooked Riceland Natural Brown Rice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup semolina flour
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeño peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, except for the butter, and mix together well with a spatula.
- Melt the butter in the hot skillet, then pour off the excess into the batter and mix in well.
- Turn the oven down to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour the cornbread mixture into the skillet, place in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, carefully remove from the skillet and place on a wire rack to cool until ready to eat.
Arroz con Pollo (rice and chicken)
To finish the dish, bring the chicken mixture to a boil, stir in the rice and water, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. If it starts to dry out and rice...
All American Creamy Rice Salad
Need an alternative to potato salad at your next big event? All American Creamy Rice Salad is a new take on an old favorite. Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice makes this salad a winner.16 Minutes
Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice
The classic casserole full of cheesy whole grain brown rice. What's not to love? From the 2016 Whole Grain Sampling Day eCookbook.
Baked Rice Apple Crisp
If you are looking for the perfect comfort-food dessert for Sunday Supper, potluck, or for any night of the week, this dessert is for you.