Brown Rice Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette
1 1/2 cups uncooked Riceland long grain brown rice
2 zucchini or yellow squash, ends trimmed, shredded
1 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
4 radishes, shredded
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup roasted pepitas
6 Tablespoons Riceland Rice Brain Oil
6 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 Tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground chipotle
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, prepare vinaigrette. Whisk oil, lime zest, lime juice, honey, cumin and ground chipotle in a large bowl.
- Toss fully cooked rice with vinaigrette until well coated; allow to cool 15-20 minutes.
- Shred zucchini or yellow squash using a box grater, mandolin or food processor. Place shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and twist tightly to remove excess liquid.
- Shred radishes; set aside.
- Toss zucchini, black beans and half of the radishes, half of the cilantro and half of the green onions with rice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with roasted pepitas and remaining radishes and cilantro just before serving.