Cheesy Chicken and Green Chile Rice Casserole
1 ½ cups Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice, uncooked
3 cups shredded chicken
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup sour cream
1 10 oz can green Chile enchilada sauce
2 4 oz cans chopped green chiles, undrained
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp cumin
2 cups shredded cheese, divided (Cheddar or a Mexican Blend)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, enchilada sauce, green chiles, onion, garlic, cumin, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and rice in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Evenly spread into your baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle on the remaining cheese. Return the casserole to the oven and continue baking until the cheese is melted, about 10 more minutes.
- Sprinkle green onions on top. Serve while hot, eat and enjoy!