Coconut Lime Jasmine Rice with Zesty Grilled Shrimp
Coconut Lime Rice
2 cups jasmine rice
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 fresh lime, squeezed
Scallions, for garnish
Zesty Grilled Shrimp
2 cups fresh shrimp (approx. 20 pieces)
Smoked paprika or chili lime seasoning
- Drain and rinse the rice in cold water. Use a small perforated strainer to do so. You want to make sure the holes are small enough.
- Add water, coconut milk, drained rice and salt to a pot. Mix well with a spatula. Try to get all the chunks out of the coconut milk.
- Bring the pot to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Let rice cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and let rice sit for 5-10 minutes before fluffy and mixing with a fork.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare to cook the shrimp. The best way to make the shrimp is on a cast iron skillet. Toss the shrimp in a mixing bowl with avocado oil, paprika or chili lime seasoning and sea salt. Mix until they are well coated.
- Heat up a cast iron with avocado oil. When hot, place the shrimp on the skillet. Let them cook for 3 minutes on each one and 1-2 minutes on side two. They are finished when they are fully opaque and shrunken.
- When rice is ready, squeeze in the juice of half a lime and mix.
- Finally, add rice and shrimp to individual bowls. Top with scallions! Enjoy.
Recipe and images courtesy of ‘Eat Well with Sari’