Ratatouille Rice Skillet
1 cup Riceland Natural Long Grain Brown rice cooked
1 cup cubed eggplant
½ cup coarsely chopped onion
¼ cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
¼ cup coarsely chopped orange bell pepper
¼ cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
½ of zucchini, sliced ¼ inch thick
1 clove of garlic minced
1 Roma tomato seeded and cut it into bite size
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- Prepare Riceland Natural Long Grain Brown rice according to package instructions. And set aside.
- After cutting the eggplant into bite size pieces, place it in colander, sprinkle with salt while you are cutting the rest of the veggies.
- In a skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add chopped onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is tender, then add eggplant and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the eggplant becomes slightly soft.
- Then add zucchini, and cut pepper and continue to cook for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- To the rest of veggie mixture, add tomato, balsamic vinegar, dried herbs (basil, thyme and oregano), salt and black pepper and mix well and allow cooking for another 3 minutes. Then finally mix in the cooked rice and cook until the rice is heated through.