- 8 cups filtered water, divided
- 1 cup Riceland Plump and Tender Medium Grain Rice
- 2 cinnamon sticks, crushed
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a blender or food processor combine 4 cups of water, rice and crushed spices.
- Pulse about 10 times to break up spices further and to crush the rice.
- Pour into a bowl and allow the mixture to soak at room temperature for 4-6 hours.
- Add the remaining water, sugar, honey, vanilla, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Puree the mixture in batches until smooth, then strain through a cheesecloth or very fine mesh strainer.
- Stir to combine and chill for 4-6 hours.
- Serve cold with additional ground cinnamon sprinkled on top if desired.
Featured on The Riceland Blog