1 (10-ounce) package frozen black-eyed peas
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 small head cauliflower
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped green onions/scallions
2 cups cooked Riceland Gold Parboiled Rice
6 slices turkey bacon
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2-3 Tbsp. bacon drippings
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimentos
1. Prepare peas according to package directions and drain well.
2. Combine peas with next 3 ingredients; cover and chill 3 hours.
3. Cut cauliflower into florets and steam until tender-crisp.
4. Add cauliflower, green onions and rice to peas.
5. Cook bacon until crisp.
6. Combine sugar, vinegar, and salt in saucepan and cook over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
7. Pour over pea/rice mixture.
8. Serve on a bed of lettuce and garnish with pimentos.