- 1 cup Riceland Spanish rice
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of seasoning 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz. can) fired roasted diced tomatoes 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 poblanos peppers
- 1 lb. smoked pork, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- Bring to a boil beef broth, canned tomatoes and butter.
- Stir in entire contents of rice and seasoning packet. Cover tightly and turn heat to low.
- Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Wash poblanos and remove seeds: set aside.
- Preheat oven 375F.
- Fill poblanos with 1/4 pork then rice.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Then bake uncovered for 10 minutes. The last 5 minutes top with cheese.
- Serve hot with diced avocado