Vegetable Curry Rice Cakes with Red Pepper Sauce
2 cups Riceland Extra Long Grain White Rice, cooked
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced or micro planed
2 tablespoons curry paste
½ pound ground pork
2 cups chopped greens (arugula, spinach, kale or chard recommended)
3 ounces panela cheese, grated
Red Pepper Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 jar roasted red peppers
¼ cup vegetable broth
¼ cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, curry paste and ground pork and cook until browned.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the greens, rice and cheese. Stir until combined and remove from heat.
- When the mixture is cool enough to handle, form into triangles using about ½ cup of the mixture per triangle.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and gently fry the rice cakes. The melting cheese will hold them together.
- To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown the onions and garlic, then add the remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Blend either with an immersion blender or in a food processor. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!