Riceland Labor Day Lineup
Fall into delicious flavors
Devour these amazing dishes to make the end of summer (and the start of fall) the most delicious ever! Check out these can’t-miss recipes.
BROWN RICE & KALE SALAD
- 1 bag Riceland Premium Boil-in-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 bunch fresh Tuscan kale
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 3-4 ounces gooseberries, halved (substitute well-drained mandarin oranges, if desired)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios (substitute glazed walnuts or glazed pecans for a different flavor)
- 1- 1 1/2 teaspoons sorghum syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, grated or minced finely
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar (substitute Champagne or white balsamic)
- 1/4 cup Riceland Rice Bran Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Prepare Riceland Premium Boil-in-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice according to package directions; set aside to cool completely.
- Remove and discard kale stems; julienne kale leaves; set aside.
- Prepare the sorghum vinaigrette: In a small bowl or pint jar, whisk (or shake) together with the sorghum syrup, Dijon, shallot, vinegar, and Riceland Rice Bran oil until it is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- About 1/2 hour before serving, combine rice and kale; toss well to combine.
- Toss pomegranate arils, gooseberries, and red onions with the kale mixture and about half of the vinaigrette.
- At serving, add additional vinaigrette as desired.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
Notes: We double or triple the vinaigrette and keep extra on hand in the refrigerator to use as desired. Just let it come to room temperature, and shake well before using.
Add leftover deli chicken and shaved parmesan or goat cheese to make this salad a full meal.
1 box Rice N Easy Chicken Flavored Rice Mix
12 Jalapenos, halved and seeded
1 8 ounce pkg cream cheese
1 pound smoked chicken, cut into 1 inch slices
12 slices of bacon, cut in half
Cook Rice N Easy Chicken Flavored Rice Mix according to package directions.
Add ½ tablespoon of cooked rice mix to each jalapeno half. Cut the cream cheese block in half then cut 12 slices across both halves to make 24.
Top each rice stuffed jalapeno with cream cheese. Add a 1 inch sliced piece of smoked chicken. Wrap each stuffed jalapeno with a half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Grill until bacon is crisp and cream cheese is melted (or bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 40 mins).
Eat and Enjoy!
2nd Place Appetizer Winner
2017 Riceland Rice Cook-Off
COCONUT CURRY RICE
2 tablespoons butter
1 sweet onion, diced
1 can coconut milk (14 ounces)
2 teaspoon curry powder
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup chicken broth
1/4c minced fresh cilantro
½ teaspoon of sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 cup Riceland Gold Parboiled Long Grain Rice
2 sweet potatoes
- Melt butter in a soup pan on medium heat and sauté onions until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, mix the following in a medium-sized bowl: coconut milk, curry powder, Tabasco sauce, garlic powder, chicken broth, fresh cilantro, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Add ingredients to pot with onions and bring to a bowl.
- Add Riceland Gold enriched parboiled long grain rice and cook for approximately 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and cover.
- While rice mixture is cooking, peel and dice sweet potatoes and boil in a second pot over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes to rice mixture and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!