- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoon cocoa (I used dark chocolate cocoa.)
- 2 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup uncooked Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 sliced banana, optional
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk together flour and cocoa and slowly whisk in the water. Stir until most of the lumps are gone.
- Add the milk, rice and sugar and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for about 25 minutes. Stir frequently.
- When the mixture has thickened and the rice is cooked through remove from the heat. (Adjust cooking time as needed to make sure rice is cooked.)
- Stir in the butter, peanut butter and vanilla.
- If desired, slice a banana and stir in or lay the sliced on top of each serving.
- Can be served warm, at room temperature or even cold.
Post by The Women Bloggers member Julie Kohl of EggsandHerbs.com.