PBH Rice Hulls
Discover the best rice hulls in the business.
In nursery stock, PBH Rice Hulls are used as a container topdress to prevent airborne weed seeds from reaching the soil surface.
- Lower basic cost than perlite
- Creates optimum porosity, drainage and stability
- Requires little or no adjustment to fertility and irrigation
- Dramatically less dusty than perlite
- About one-third fewer deliveries than perlite – 7 PBH truckloads versus 10 of perlite
- Less freight, labor, storage and packaging
- Natural color blends well with other media components
- Topdressing with 1 to 2 inches dramatically improves weed control for just pennies per container
- Significantly reduces hand-weeding labor and expense
- Improves control of moss species such as liverwort
- Reduces potential for drought stress and watering
- Delivers economical, earth-friendly weed management
- PBH Rice Hulls are available in your choice of compressed 50-pound bags or 30-cubic-foot bales
- Download packaging and mixing specifications below:
Hernie Rosado, Production Manager
Petitti Family of Farms
"By topdressing with PBH at potting, we save time, reduce hand weeding and use less herbicide. Those are three big benefits for a nursery with thousands of containers in production. Topdressing with PBH has been a game-changer for our weed control program."
Tom Demaline, Owner
“We topdress containers with PBH at potting to ensure season-long weed control and significantly reduce hand weeding. With increasing labor costs and unpredictable weather patterns, we were looking for just such a tool to supplement our herbicide program. We also use PBH in our mix to maintain porosity. It works two ways for us.”