Creamy Mushroom, Chicken and Brown Rice Soup
1 sweet onion, sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 celery stalks, finely sliced
2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
8 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, quartered
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 Riceland Boil-in-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice
4 cups chicken broth
3 cups pre-cooked chicken breast, chopped (rotisserie works great!)
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon cream cheese
- In a heavy bottomed soup pot, add onions, olive oil, garlic, and butter and cook on medium heat for ten minutes, or until onions start to soften.
- Add celery, carrots and mushrooms to pot, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for ten minutes. Stir occasionally.
- On a separate burner, boil water and cook Riceland Boil-in-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice according to directions. Rice will be cooked in ten minutes, drain, and set aside.
- Add chicken broth and chicken and stir. Cook for fifteen minutes.
- Add whipping cream and cream cheese and stir until creamy.
- Carefully remove rice from bags and add to soup. Stir.
- Serve and enjoy!