Crunchy Rice Casserole
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 sweet onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup sliced almonds
2 cups cooked Riceland long-grain white rice
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to bake 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with pam spray and set aside.
- On medium-high heat, sauté olive oil with onions and garlic for five minutes. Add walnuts, sunflower seeds, and sliced almonds for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rice, cheese, salt, pepper, egg and cream. Add onion mixture to bowl and fully incorporate.
- Transfer ingredients in bowl to baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!