Luncheon Party Shrimp & Asparagus
2 cups cooked Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
1 (1-pound 3-ounces) can green asparagus spears, drained
8 ounces small shrimp, deveined and with tails removed
1 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon chopped pimento
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole.
- Spread the cooked rice in the bottom of the casserole.
- Cut the spears into 1-inch long pieces and spread evenly over the rice.
- Place the shrimp inan even layer over the asparagus.
- Whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, chopped pimento, garlic powder,onion powder, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the top of the shrimp.
- Gently wiggle the casserole to allow the soup mixture to disperse into the rice.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes until the cheese is browned and the mixture is bubbling.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot.
From our "Riceland Rice" cookbook