Orange Chicken in Brown Rice
4 cups cooked Riceland Natural Brown Rice
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2½ to 3 lbs. chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 jar mushrooms, drained
¼ cup white wine or apple juice
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon sugar, packed
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Put oil and butter in 9x13 inch baking pan, and melt in the oven.
- Mix together flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture. Put chicken skin side down in the dish and cook for 30 minutes. Remove chicken and drain fat.
- Spread cooked rice evenly in dish. Add onions, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Add chicken. Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over all.
- Cover and bake for another 30 minutes.