Pal Payasam/Indian Rice Pudding
3 ½ cup Milk
1 ½ cup water
1/3 cup/ 60g Rice land medium grain rice
½ cup + 1 ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
Ghee 1 tablespoon (you can use unsalted butter)
- In a medium saucepan, add ghee and then add water and bring to boil.
- Add milk and bring to a boil again.
- Add washed drained rice and cook in the milk and water mixture until it is plump up and soft, about 30 minutes on medium flame.
- Then, add sugar to milk-rice mixture and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring continuously to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom.
- Rice pudding is ready; serve it in a small bowl, it will thicken as it gets cold.
- This dish can be served hot or cold.