Raspberry Lemon Dessert
1 10-ounce package frozen raspberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
1 cup prepared lemon pie filling
zest and juice from two fresh lemons
2 cups cold cooked Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
Toasted sliced almonds (optional garnish)
- Combine the raspberries and granulated sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat to allow the raspberries to break down slightly.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water and stir into the raspberry mixture.
- Simmer the raspberry mixture until slightly thickened, then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool completely then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
- To make the lemon dessert, fold together the whipped topping and lemon pie filing until just combined.
- Fold in the cold cooked rice until completely combined.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon desired amount of lemon dessert into a serving dish, then top with desired amount of raspberry sauce.
- Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds, if using.
- Serve immediately.
• Riceland Plump and Tender Medium Grain Rice is a good choice for rice in this recipe as well.
• Frozen sliced strawberries are a delicious substitute for raspberries in this recipe.
• Graham cracker crumbs and toasted coconut are other delicious topping ideas for this recipe.