1 10-ounce package frozen raspberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
1 cup prepared lemon pie filling
zest and juice from two fresh lemons
2 cups cold cooked Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice
Toasted sliced almonds (optional garnish)
1. Combine the raspberries and granulated sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine.
2. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat to allow the raspberries to break down slightly.
3. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and stir into the raspberry mixture.
4. Simmer the raspberry mixture until slightly thickened, then remove from heat.
5. Allow to cool completely then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
6. To make the lemon dessert, fold together the whipped topping and lemon pie filing until just combined.
7. Fold in the cold cooked rice until completely combined.
8. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
9. To serve, spoon desired amount of lemon dessert into a serving dish, then top with desired amount of raspberry sauce.
10. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds, if using.
11. Serve immediately.
• Riceland Plump and Tender Medium Grain Rice is a good choice for rice in this recipe as well.
• Frozen sliced strawberries are a delicious substitute for raspberries in this recipe.
• Graham cracker crumbs and toasted coconut are other delicious topping ideas for this recipe.