Rice and Broccoli Cake
1 bag (8 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
Pam spray or equivalent
2 cups Riceland Long Grain White rice
1 stick (8 tablespoons) salted butter, melted
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup milk
sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to bake 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x10 baking dish with Pam spray or equivalent.
- Cook broccoli in bag or as directed. Drain and set aside.
- While broccoli is cooking, boil water and cook rice. Drain and set aside.
- Pulse broccoli in food processor and transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Add rice to broccoli and mix.
- Add butter, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, ground pepper and flour to mix and stir thoroughly.
- Add Parmesan, eggs, and milk to bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Pour ingredients into baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden spoon inserted in middle of dish comes out clean.
- Optional, “frost” with sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!