Rice ’N Easy Saffron and Pomegranate Rice
1 2/3 cups unsalted chicken broth
1 Tablespoon Riceland Rice Bran Oil, optional
1 4.6-ounce box Riceland Rice ’N Easy Saffron Yellow Rice Mix
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, crumbled
1/2 cup pomegranate avrils, drained on paper towels
2 green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced or 1/2 cup chopped chives
1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
Freshly cracked black pepper, if desired
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth and oil. Stir in Rice ’N Easy Saffron Yellow Rice Mix and contents of seasoning packet and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for 13 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Remove lid and cover the top of the saucepan with a clean kitchen towel. Replace lid.
- Allow to rest at least 3-5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork. Fold in pomegranate avails, green onion and Aleppo pepper.
- Taste for seasoning,
Note: The proper proportion for the best alternative to Aleppo pepper: Mix four parts sweet paprika to one part cayenne.