- 1 cup Riceland rice pilaf
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons seasoning 2 slices of thick bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces wild mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Brown bacon reserving 2 tablespoons of fat. Save cooked bacon for later.
- In bacon fat and butter brown chicken breasts 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet.
- Combine rice pilaf. bacon fat and butter.
- Bring to a boil 1 cup water, 3/4 cup broth, and butter. Stir in entire contents of rice and seasoning. Cover tightly and turn heat to low.
- Simmer over low heat for12 minutes. Then add cooked chicken breasts and mushrooms, continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Let rice pilaf mixture rest covered for 5 minutes.
- Before serving top with cooked bacon and chopped parsley. Serve hot.