Sausage and Rice Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
1 Riceland Boil-in-Bag white rice package, cooked, drained and set aside
16 ounce bag of mini sweet peppers, halved and seeds removed
1 pre-cooked turkey andouille sausage or similar sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar and jack cheese mix
½ tablespoon parsley, minced
1/4th teaspoon sea salt
1/8th teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8th teaspoon onion powder
1/8th teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to bake 350 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with Pam spray or line with parchment paper and arrange peppers on tray.
- In a medium bowl, mix sausage, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Scoop mixture into peppers.
- Bake for 20 minutes and switch to boil for 5 minutes or until cheese starts to lightly brown.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Recipe by Lyndi Fultz of The Joy of Eating Well.