Sausage & Cheesy Rice Stuffed Cauliflower
1 cup Riceland Extra Long Grain White Rice, cooked
1 whole cauliflower head
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup leek, chopped
½ pound sausage meat
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
½ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
1 small can of hatch chiles
4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- Use a small paring knife to carve out about 2/3 of the head of cauliflower making a bowl shape to stuff the filling back in.
- Finely chop the cauliflower you have scooped. Measure 1 cup to use in this recipe and reserve the remainder for another use.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium to high heat and add the leeks and sausage. Cook until brown.
- Turn the heat to medium low, add the turmeric, 1 cup of the chopped cauliflower and the chicken broth. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cooked rice, chopped sage, hatch chiles and half of the grated gruyere.
- Put the cauliflower head on a parchment lined cookie sheet and season it with salt and pepper.
- Mound your filling into the cauliflower cavity, trying to recreate the shape of the original cauliflower. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.